Westfalia Technologies introduces new conveyor standardizations
Westfalia Technologies, Inc. has introduced several new standardizations for its conveyor solutions. The company is applying these improvements, which includes an airchain with PLC/solenoid valve control and 3-strand turntables, to two Sazerac distilleries in Kentucky. The Sazerac Company, one of the largest family-owned distilling companies in the United States, is the first Westfalia client to receive these standardizations at its Buffalo Trace and Glenmore distilleries.
“To ensure that our clients are always receiving the most cutting-edge warehouse and logistics technologies, Westfalia makes an effort to continually review our current offerings and invest in improvements based on industry best practices and trends in customer needs,” said Dan Labell, owner and president of Westfalia Technologies, Inc. “The standardizations we’ve introduced to our conveyors will benefit our clients, like Sazerac, with enhanced reliability, durability, and ease of installation, while demonstrating our ongoing commitment to customer satisfaction.” Westfalia’s latest standardizations include the following:
- Chain Conveyors: Newly designed 3-strand chain conveyors.
- Airchain: Full PLC-controlled logic airchain that uses solenoid valves and photoeyes in every zone of accumulation.
- Gearmotors: Incorporation of Lenze gearmotors, which are rugged and designed for today’s industrial environments.
- Turntables: 3-strand turntables with the ability to go down to a lower elevation.
- Shift Conveyors: Shift conveyors with the new 3-strand design and a belt drive.
- Transfer Car: T-car with 3-strand conveyors and adjusted centerlines to account for wider loads.
All of Westfalia’s conveyor solutions are manufactured to be maintenance-friendly, durable, reliable, and customizable as required by the customer’s application, and can drive increased revenue while reducing down time and costs.