Timberland PRO launches Timberland PRO™ Workwear
Timberland PRO has officially entered the workwear market by doing what it does best—building premium, technology-inspired, performance-driven products for industrial working consumers. Leveraging the brand equity already established by its successful footwear business, Timberland PRO workwear embodies the same comfort, durability and protection retailers and consumers have grown to expect from the brand. Timberland PRO has capitalized on its parent company, VF Corporation’s, expansive powerhouse engine and supply chain reach. By continuing to deliver strong results to retail partners and best-in-class products to consumers, the Timberland PRO brand’s commitment to expansion fuels its continued growth in this competitive space.
Entering into the workwear category is a natural progression for our brand,” said Jim O’Connor, Vice President, Timberland PRO. “After years of intensive planning and research, combined with the confidence of having the VF Corporation behind us, we are emerging into this market armed with a great-looking collection of thoughtfully-designed pieces that meet our core consumer’s unique comfort, performance and fit needs. We’ve chosen a smart mix of retail partners that share the same goals of business expansion and bottomline growth. The strong early reaction we’ve received, combined with our winning formula of knowledge and capabilities, further strengthens our confidence in bringing this comprehensive head-to-toe offering to market.”
Launch partners include key retailers such as Bob’s Stores, Work ‘N Gear, Whistle Workwear and Work World. Online industry leader Amazon.com has also picked up the collection, which includes a 73-piece range of base and midlayers, performance t-shirts and work shirts, work pants, outerwear and accessories. With performance fabrics featuring built-in technologies like waterproofing, wicking, sun protection, anti-odor and insulation, and intentional design details that offer increased range of movement, retailers will diversify their workwear brand offerings while consumers will feel comfortable and protected in any environment. Key pieces from the collection include:
Timberland PRO® Gridflex Canvas Work Pan t $60 SRP
- Constructed with flexible, durable cotton canvas and thoughtful design details such as extra pockets and belt loops, reinforced stitching, knee overlays, crotch gussets and, what will be a distinct advantage in the workwear market, an on-point fit. Available in three colors with sizes ranging from 30 to 42-inch waist and 30 to 34-inch lengths.
Timberland PRO® Stud-Lee Canvas Windproof Jacket $120 SRP
- Cotton canvas bonded to polyester fleece and a windproof membrane block out strong winds, while the stand-up collar and full-zipper closure provide extra protection against the elements. Offering plenty of room for gear to be kept safe with multiple flap-closure pockets, the modern styling in black with contrast stitching will make this jacket stand out from the rest.
Timberland PRO® Hood Honcho Sweatshirt $75 SRP
- This extra-rugged heavyweight sweatshirt includes a three-piece jersey-lined hood for a comfortable fit and an oversized front pouch pocket with hidden cell phone insert. With its water-repellant technology and full cotton/polyester thermal lining, this item is designed to keep your head, body and gear warm and dry. Available in five colors with branded sleeves, this sweatshirt will look great and keep you comfortable and protected.
Timberland PRO® Understory Fleece Top $50 SRP
- Already a best-seller right out of the gate, this quarter-zip heathered fleece baselayer offers lightweight comfort and protection. Its stand-up collar with chin guard, thumb holes and drop-tail coverage offer quick and easy layering versatility to consumers working in constantly changing climates. Available in black and heather grey, the soft, pill-resistant material will make this item a staple in workers’ closets.
Timberland PRO ® Dry Squall Waterproof Jacket $150 SRP and Work Pant $120 SRP
- Honing in on the brand’s commitment to protecting consumers in any environment, this waterproof jacket and work pant system are constructed with three layers of heavyweight nylon ripstop, a full membrane and tricot backing and fully-taped seams. The pant’s ankle-to-knee zipper, back elastic waistband, adjustable clip belt and hem provide extra room and comfort.
O’Connor added, “Assessing the unmet needs of those who work in demanding and unpredictable environments, then developing solutions that deliver on those needs is the cornerstone of our brand. Our expansion into the workwear space further defines this commitment, and we will continue to offer additional performance-oriented styles and new technologies as we transition into 2016.”