New Honeywell solution for distribution centers and warehouses
Honeywell has launched Operational Acuity™, the industry’s first portfolio of solutions that captures and analyzes operational data from distribution center and warehouse operations to identify opportunities to reduce costs and increase safety compliance. Consisting of a suite of software and data collection capabilities that leverage Honeywell mobile technology, Operational Acuity uses data collection, aggregation and predictive modeling techniques to produce actionable recommendations to help supply chain and logistics leaders achieve new levels of performance and value. The Operational Acuity portfolio features two initial solutions — Vehicle Performance and Workflow Performance.
· The Vehicle Performance Solution leverages existing network and Honeywell vehicle-mounted computer investments and includes a new vehicle sensor unit, badge reader and video cameras. This equipment enables vehicle access control and driver authentication; videotapes vehicle operation and worker performance; and senses, detects and documents any vehicle impact — such as a minor bump of a pallet — or incident. When user-defined alerts occur, supervisors are notified on their mobile phones and can resolve them remotely or locally at their discretion. The solution provides management with valuable performance insights to improve worker safety and compliance, analyze damaged goods incidents, optimize vehicle use, and better control vehicle operating and maintenance costs.
· To identify opportunities to optimize a worker’s day, the Workflow Performance Solution captures and analyzes how mobile workers in a distribution center perform various functions, and measures their proficiency using existing Honeywell Vocollect™ voice solutions. This helps management assess the value of process enhancements to various workflows, identify and eliminate causes of inefficiencies, maximize worker performance, and find worker training and support opportunities.
· Both Workflow Performance and Vehicle Performance will be available in summer 2015.
· Jay Armant, general manager, software, Honeywell Scanning & Mobility: “Operational Acuity allows customers to drive tangible value from their big data initiatives. By creating, mining and analyzing data, they can deliver process improvements that have a direct impact on the bottom line. Honeywell’s new Operational Acuity solution helps customers reduce their total cost of ownership by finding new ways to leverage existing technology investments while at the same time obtaining new levels of efficiency.”
· Ahmed Reza, president of Speech Interface Design: “The ability to offer our customers new levels of operating and workflow efficiency helps make our Honeywell solution even more valuable and offers them an additional competitive advantage versus their competition. The easy-to-understand visual analytics available with Operational Acuity help provide clear and actionable insights to further optimize mobile worker performance.”
· Keith Price, vice president of information services at Seneca Medical: “We are consistently looking for ways to further improve our distribution center workflows and tap the maximum potential of our mobile workers. We can see the need for a solution like Operational Acuity that provides analytics that can help identify specific areas needing attention and that would not require a complex data analytics staff to leverage and maintain.”
· Read more about Honeywell Operational Acuity
· Additional details here about Honeywell Scanning & Mobility