PTDA Foundation Vanguard campaign propels PT WORK Force Initiative
In 2018, the PTDA Foundation launched PT WORK Force℠—an initiative to specifically support the power transmission/motion control (PT/MC) industry with Work force Outreach, Research and Knowledge.
The initiative’s work is resonating strongly with contributors who are increasing their financial support in 2019 to develop tools needed by PT/MC employers to compete in today’s workforce recruitment arena.
In just two months’ time, 58 organizations and individuals have funded the PTDA Foundation’s Vanguard Campaign, making contributions of over $137,000 to kick-off the 2019 Fund Drive. These organizations are “in the vanguard”—leading the fundraising charge. By contributing to the PTDA Foundation as part of the Vanguard Campaign, these companies are taking a leading role in the movement to develop the support PT/MC distributors need to find, connect with and recruit for key positions in the PT/MC industry. The PTDA Foundation’s 2019 Fund Drive is now in progress; more companies and individuals are contributing every day to support the effort.
“We’re extremely pleased with the great response from our distributor and manufacturer members to the PTDA Foundation Vanguard Campaign. Thanks to past contributions we already have a strong and growing resource center of recruitment and retention tools. The funds raised in 2019 will continue to support our efforts to help PT/MC employers with one of their biggest challenges – attracting and retaining quality employees,” said Brian Short, global strategic account manager at Regal Beloit America, Inc. and president of the PTDA Foundation.
2018 PTDA Foundation Vanguard Contributors
Partner Contributors ($15,000+)
- Allied Bearing & Supply, Inc.
- Motion Industries & Motion Canada
Investor Contributors ($10,000 – $14,999)
- BDI Americas (USA & Canada)
Stakeholder Contributors ($5,000 – $9,999)
- ABB Motors and Mechanical Inc.
- Gates Corporation
- Midpoint Bearing
- WEG Electric Corp.
Benefactor Contributors ($2,500 – $4,999)
- Altra Industrial Motion
- B&D Industrial
- Bando USA, Inc.
- Bearing Service Inc.
- Diamond Chain Company
- Garlock Sealing Technologies
- Alan Haveson*
- Houston Bearing & Supply Co., Inc.
- IBT Industrial Solutions
- Master Power Transmission, Inc.
- NTN Bearing Corp. of America
- OTP Industrial Solutions (in honor of David Derrow)
- Ringfeder Power Transmission USA Corporation
- SENQCIA MAXCO, Ltd.
- U.S. Tsubaki Power Transmission LLC (UST)
- W.C. DuComb Co., Inc.
Leadership Contributors ($1,000 – $2,499)
- Bearing Engineering Co.
- Bison Gear & Engineering Corp.
- Daido Corporation of America
- Dichtomatik Americas
- Isostatic Industries Inc.
- Pamela and Mark Kan*
- The Rowland Company
- San Antonio Belting & Pulley Company, Inc.
- SKF Canada Limited
- Bill Stevens* (in memory of Tim Breen)
- Transply, Inc.
- Webster Industries, Inc.
Sponsor Contributors ($500 – $999)
- Bearing Service Company of Pennsylvania
- Paul Dent*
- Tom Dielschneider*
- J/E Bearing and Machine Ltd.
- Overly Hautz Motor Base Co.
- Peer Chain Company
- Stafford Manufacturing Corp.
- Torque Drives Inc..
Colleague Contributors ($250 – $499)
- The Adam-Hill Co. (in memory of Patricia Forbush)
- Bob Callahan*
- Sue and John Masek* (in honor of Mary Sue Lyon and in memory of Terry Hutton)
- Bill Moore*
- MPT Drives, Inc.
- Keith and Sharon Nowak*
- P.T. International
- The Ralphs-Pugh Company, Inc.
- Barbara J. Ross* (in loving memory of Gordon Ross)
- Brian and Karen Short*
- Whittet-Higgins Company
Associate Contributors (Up to $249)
- Mike McLain*
- Scott and Lisa Taylor*
- * Heritage Society Leader Gift
The PTDA Foundation Fund Drive is underway with a goal of raising $250,000 in 2019. To join these contributors, donate online at ptda.org/FoundationGive or download a pledge form at ptda.org/FoundationSupport.
The PTDA Foundation, whose work is funded solely by donations, was founded in 1982 to champion education, outreach and research initiatives relevant to the power transmission/motion control (PT/MC) industry that enhance the knowledge and/or professionalism and productivity for industry stakeholders. The Foundation is a not-for-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) corporation; contributions are tax deductible to the full amount allowed by law.