Women In Trucking Association names 2021 Top Woman-Owned Businesses in Transportation
Redefining the Road magazine, the official magazine of the Women In Trucking Association (WIT), announced the recipients of the 2021 “Top Woman-Owned Businesses in Transportation” list.
The list was created to recognize women in leadership and encourage more women to become proactive leaders in their organizations – and even start their own businesses, according to WIT president and CEO Ellen Voie. The program supports WIT’s overall mission: To encourage the employment of women in the trucking industry, promote their accomplishments, and minimize the obstacles they face.
Entrepreneurship is a viable means of economic self-sufficiency, and many women are choosing an enterprise connected to transportation to be part of their career aspirations, according to Brian Everett, publisher of Redefining the Road magazine.
Criteria used to identify qualified applicants include majority ownership by a woman, financial stability and growth, innovation, and entrepreneurial spirit. Each company was nominated and chosen based upon business success and accomplishments–including those related to gender diversity.
The list is comprised of companies from a diverse range of business sectors in the commercial freight transportation marketplace, including motor carriers, third-party logistics companies, and original equipment manufacturers.
Companies named to the 2021 “Top Woman-Owned Businesses” list and the primary female business owners are:
- AGT Global Logistics (Angela Eliacostas)
- Aria Logistics (Arelis Gutierrez)
- Bennett Family of Companies (Marcia G. Taylor)
- Brenny Transportation (Joyce Brenny)
- Candor Expedite (Nicole Glenn)
- Conversion Interactive Agency (Kelley Walkup)
- Garner Trucking (Sherri Garner Brumbaugh)
- K & J Trucking (Michelle Koch, Sharon Koch Estate, Jessica Mitacek)
- Kenco (Jane Kennedy Greene)
- Knichel Logistics (Kristy Knichel)
- Powersource Transportation (Barb Bakos)
- Rihm Family Companies (Kari Rihm)
- S-2international (Jennifer Mead)
- Sunset Transportation (Lindsey Graves)
- Topel’s Towing Service/Topel Truck Center (Michelle Sukow)
- United Federal Logistics (Jennifer Behnke)
- Veriha Trucking (Karen Smerchek)