Shoppa’s Material Handling opens State-of-the-Art Facility to meet growing Amarillo Market demand
Innovative Space Expands Complete Material Handling Solutions to West Texas Region
Shoppa’s Material Handling, the Texas-based company known for providing complete material handling solutions, announced the opening of its new Amarillo, Texas, location.
Shoppa’s, which has been serving Amarillo and the surrounding area since 2006, built the nearly 30,000-square-foot state-of-the-art facility to support the growing needs of the West Texas region, delivering advanced solutions to its customers, including the market’s first advanced battery facility with partner Viking Power.
“The people of our company, which was built from the ground up, understand the hard work and innovative solutions it takes to grow and maintain a business,” said Jimmy Shoppa, president of Shoppa’s Material Handling. “In today’s environment, where businesses are continually adjusting to meet the realities and implications of a global pandemic, we are especially honored to be investing in a new facility dedicated to serving our customers in this community.”
Shoppa’s Amarillo facility supports key industries including agriculture and cotton, beef production, food distribution, pet food manufacturing, general warehouse and manufacturing, and more.
“We want to deliver an exceptional experience with solutions that ensure our customers around the region move their goods in the safest, most effective manner. Shoppa’s Amarillo will continue to serve the West Texas industries working to navigate a rapidly changing landscape,” Shoppa added.
Known as a premier Toyota lift truck dealer, Shoppa’s offers a wide range of equipment options from world-class brands and is a leading provider in systems design, automation, product and equipment integration, installation, and service.
The new facility is leading the way for material handling offerings in West Texas, including:
- Viking Power – the first state-of-the-art battery facility in West Texas, delivering solutions for developing industries and making an investment into environmental responsibility. Viking will provide new and refurbished batteries, as well as battery service and warranty support
- Reconditioning Center – the market’s first in-house equipment reconditioning center, allowing for customers’ forklifts to be serviced locally in West Texas and not shipped elsewhere, saving time and transit costs
- Demo Center – a demonstration room outfitted with the latest types of equipment for customers to experience
- Training Center – a new center enabling teams to train locally with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), as well as industry compliance training and certification opportunities
- Shoppa’s Systems – a unique approach to support customers’ warehouse design, racking, and advanced systems needs through automation, integration, and robotics
“We have experienced significant growth over the past several years in Amarillo and throughout West Texas, and we are eager to continue supporting our customers and community,” said Garrett Eagle, Shoppa’s Amarillo Branch Manager. “These businesses represent some of our region’s most essential industries, and this one-of-a-kind facility allows us to more efficiently provide solutions to meet their material handling and equipment needs.”