Gorbel rolls out new G-Force® Intelligent Lifting devices
Q2 and iQ2 ILDs are more user friendly, packed with new features, offer quick and easy customization via the new Smart Connect User Interface, and are capable of networking to leverage data and communication on the plant floor
Gorbel Inc. just introduced the latest models in their G-Force® and Easy Arm® Intelligent Lifting Device line – the Q2 and iQ2.
The new units give users all the intelligence they’ve come to expect from the G-Force® lifting platform, like Virtual Limits, Anti-drop functionality for tooling control, and fault code history log, plus the combination of blazing speeds and precision placement that has made them the choice of industries from aerospace to machining for over 20 years.
The new units are more user friendly and offer greater intelligence options than Gorbel®’s previous offering:
- More user friendly – Users no longer need to rely on the handle menu to program their G-Force® or Easy Arm®. Every unit comes standard with a computer-based visualization so users can configure their unit from a PC or tablet.
- Smarter Q2 unit – The new Q2 model has more customizable handle-based IO options, making it capable of tackling a wider range of applications than its predecessor, the Q unit.
- Less need for custom programming – Gorbel® added user configurable IO points on the iQ2 model to limit the need for costly custom programming
- Wireless option – Both units offer built-in wireless connectivity so users can service and troubleshoot their units without the need for Ethernet or USB (though Ethernet and USB cables are still available)
- More global appeal – The handle and visualization user interfaces are now available in English, Spanish, French, German, and Italian.
- IoT capable – Both the Q2 and iQ2 units have available G-Link Smart Connect, which will enable G-Force® and Easy Arm® units to transmit data locally or anywhere with internet access, allowing users to set parameters and view vital data remotely from their desktop, laptop, or tablet.
Mark Grandusky, Gorbel®’s Product Sales Manager for the G-Force® and Easy Arm® Intelligent Lifting Line, says, “Gorbel®’s market-leading position gives us the advantage of hearing an enormous amount of customer input from all those companies currently using G-Forces and Easy Arms. I am excited and proud to be launching the new Q2 and iQ2 models because our customers will be able to see how well we have listened to them. We are giving our customers an easier to use and more powerful Intelligent Lifting Device. Auto Float Mode, the addition of input/output functionality on a Q2 unit, and the ability to easily assign a variety of new functions to any input or output are just a few of the new advancements our customers will see. We also planned for the evolving needs of the more connected factory of the future. The optional Smart Connect G-Link and G-Link Insights packages empower our customers with tools to monitor, store, trend, and analyze data as well as communicate with other devices on their network. This functionality takes the G-Force® product line to the next level and positions Gorbel® as a key partner in our customers’ Industry 4.0. journey”
Patented Lifting Technology
Gorbel®’s G-Force® and Easy Arm® Intelligent Lifting Devices use exclusive patented technology and an industrial processor controlled servo drive system to deliver unmatched lifting precision and speed. Their fusion of advanced technology and basic human guidance maximizes productivity while minimizing the risk of injury to operators. These innovative lifts enable operators to lift and maneuver naturally as if the devices were an extension of their arms.