BluJay Solutions releases Global Trade Network Platform
BluJay Solutions, a provider of supply chain software and services, announces the release of BluJay Global Trade Network version 19.0.0. BluJay’s latest update delivers expanded multimodal capabilities, new integrations, and additional countries and languages to help companies efficiently manage trade and the movement of goods around the world. BluJay’s cloud-based technology platform delivers an ecosystem of supply chain applications powered by its Global Trade Network (GTN).
“Supply chains are becoming more global and more mobile. We continually enhance the BluJay solution suite not only to help customers easily adapt to the complexities of global trade, but also to bring logistics closer to people. The latest BluJay GTN release also extends capabilities for an increasingly mobile workforce, delivering benefits such as greater visibility across the supply chain, particularly in last-mile delivery,” said Doug Surrett, Chief Product Strategist at BluJay Solutions.
Highlights of BluJay’s GTN version 19.0.0 include:
- Transportation Management – For shippers that need to support multiple modes, BluJay’s Transportation Management provides one solution with full multimodal capabilities – truckload, LTL, ocean, parcel, rail, and air – for freight moves around the globe. A core area of continued investment, BluJay’s single instance multi-tenant TMS has a constant flow of new features. Version 19.0.0 expands air, ocean, and rail mode capabilities with the addition of air rating, dimensional weight capture, automatic creation of drayage legs, and improved rail reporting and visibility including turnover and reload. Automated mode determination for Parcel/LTL shipments allows shippers to select the “best” option between LTL and Parcel, considering cost or service, or a combination of the two. Integration with 10-4 carrier tracking system provides real-time location of freight, arrivals, departures, and geofencing. Language support for Bahasa Indonesian, a standardized dialect of Malay, was also added.
- Yard Management – Enhanced workflow configurations provide the ability for users to easily configure multiple workflows in BluJay’s Yard Management, which is integrated with Transportation Management and MobileSTAR. Yard Management now offers support for iOS and Android tablet browsers, providing customers the ability to run the application on a tablet.
- Customs Management – BluJay’s multi-country, multi-language customs management solution enables trade across multiple regions from a single platform. The new release adds many new country and regime enhancements. Highlights include New Computerized Transit System (NCTS) support for Norway and Switzerland; Canada ACI for marine, air, and rail; Ireland Import and Export Amendment; and Netherlands Declaration Drug Precursors to customs. Language support was added for Canadian French. In addition, Denied Party Screening and License Determination functionality is now integrated within Customs Management, providing customers the ability to use the screening process prior to completing the declaration, all from one improved user interface.
- Parcel –BluJay’s Parcel solution is an enterprise class multi-carrier shipping management system that supports complex, high-volume, multi-location, international, and domestic shipping. This update adds enhanced cloud Parcel black box workflow, along with invoice visibility and reporting.
- MobileSTAR – Providing real-time tracking and last-mile routing across the supply chain, MobileSTAR can help deliver an enhanced customer experience. With the update comes an easy-to-use studio tool for customers to change and assemble their own configurations for how they want the application to behave. In response to customer requests, BluJay has added the ability to use OCR to capture data. Proximity notifications have also been added; where previously an “in transit” status was available from depot to stops, now drivers can publish proximity and estimated arrival time notifications to the receiver at each stop along a route for more accurate customer planning.
- MessageBroker – BluJay’s MessageBroker integrates all solutions across the GTN platform. This update adds Railinc integration, providing access to rail carriers through the Transportation Management application. BluJay also added connector integration to Microsoft Dynamics NAV, building on its list of major ERP connectors.
- Control Tower – A core component of the GTN, Control Tower provides transparency and synchronization across an organization’s supply chain and supports workflow between partners. In release 19.0.0, BluJay implemented significant improvements to the dashboard, which starts with an at-a-glance graphical view of all statuses for a simple visual of key performance indicators, with the ability to drill down into further details. Also in Control Tower, BluJay added latitude/longitude fields to milestones, providing the flexibility to track events as geo-coordinates rather than a traditional address. This is an important step in the transition from traditional addresses to GPS coordinates, positioning BluJay to track and display this information to customers as the world moves toward geo-coordinate-driven addressing.
BluJay also addresses data security and compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) across the platform, with continued enhancement of business processes, services, contracts, and policies to support data protection laws.