MHI brings Industry together for ProMatDX
ProMatDX brought the manufacturing and supply chain industry together April 12 -16, with over 17,000 attendees learning, engaging, and discovering equipment and technology innovations to build supply chain resilience amid disruption.
ProMatDX included 360 sponsor showcases, four keynotes, 106 seminars and 650 product demonstrations, 18 roundtables, 12 Live from ProMatDX sessions, and five daily recaps, all with a big focus on automation and emerging technology solutions. All in all, the ProMatDX had 778,927 total interactions during the week and the event lives on as all content is now available on-demand until September 15, 2021.
Attendees included key decision-makers in virtually all manufacturing and supply chain industries, including most of the Fortune 1000 and Top 100 Retailers. ProMatDX attendees represented 124 countries and six continents.
“The success of ProMatDX is proof of not only the strength of our industry but of the value that ProMat continues to deliver as a best-in-class supply chain event experience for manufacturing and supply chain professionals,” says John Paxton, CEO of MHI. “MHI was dedicated to creating the best digital environment for sponsors to showcase their cutting-edge solutions to an industry that needs these solutions now more than ever.”
According to registration data, 81 percent of attendees had buying authority, and 32 percent plan on spending $1 million or more over the next 18 months on equipment and systems.
Other ProMatDX Highlights
Other ProMatDX highlights included four keynotes on topics of supply chain innovation, resilience, and women in the supply chain. Keynotes also included a keynote panel discussing the findings of the 2021 MHI Annual Industry Report – “Innovation-Driven Resilience.”
The topics of the top 10 seminars and product demonstrations by total views highlight the growing demand for automated and emerging tech solutions for supply chains.
Top 10 ProMatDX Seminars
- A Guide to E-Commerce Order Fulfillment
- High Performing Returns, Order Fulfillment & Sortation Technologies Utilizing AMRs
- Fundamentals of Robotic Order Picking
- How to Leverage Robotics and Automation to Build a Successful Last Leg Fulfillment Operation
- Calculating the True Cost of Your Operations (and using it to justify change)
- The Future of Online Order Fulfillment
- Automation, Integration & Energy Systems
- A Practical Approach to Modernizing Your Warehouse
- When to use AMR vs. conveyor
- The robots have eyes! Why robot fulfillment applications depend on the latest sensor technology.
Top 10 ProMatDX Product Demos
- Bolt the Power to Do More
- Drones For Automating Inventory Cycle Counting
- Geek+ Picking Robots – Goods-to-Person System
- Raymond Courier automated lift trucks
- Automated Solutions for Every Challenge – From Simple to Advanced
- End-of-Line Automation – Solutions to Improve Efficiency
- Dematic Flexible Mixed Case Fulfillment Solution
- The Business Case For Case Picking With AMRs
- Flexible Warehouse Automation – How Boston Dynamics is changing your idea of what robots can do
- Seegrid: Taking Your Entire AMR Fleet to the Next Level
2021 MHI Innovation Awards
On April 12, MHI also announced the winners of the 2021 MHI Innovation Awards:
Best New Product
- ThruWave, Inc. for ThruWave X2 mmWave Imaging System
Best IT Innovation
- 4Front Engineered Solutions for 4SIGHT Connect Digital Gate
Best Innovation of an Existing Product
- Packsize International LLC for Packsize X7 Automated In-line Packaging and Fulfillment Solution
The ProMatDX Challenge winner of a $5,000 trip voucher and a $5,000 donation in their name to Feeding America was Chuck Boyer of Precision Planting. Overall, ProMatDX donated $10,000 to Feeding America in the names of the contest winners as well as our keynote panelists.
ll ProMatDX sponsor showcases, seminars, and product demos are available on-demand through September 15, 2021, at promatshow.com.
The next MHI-sponsored trade event will be MODEX 2022, March 28-31, 2022 in Atlanta’s Georgia World Congress Center. For more information on exhibiting at MODEX 2022, or to register as an attendee, visit modexshow.com. ProMat 2023 will be held at McCormick Place from March 20-23, 2023.
“MHI is excited to once again deliver the unique value you can only get from face-to-face expositions at MODEX 2022,” says Daniel McKinnon, EVP of Exhibitions at MHI. “Plans are currently underway to deliver this world-class supply chain event next March in Atlanta, Georgia.”