The North American Rail Shippers Association (NARS) will be discussing the critical issues currently facing the freight rail industry and how to achieve an “optimal network” at its annual meeting May 15–17, 2019 in San Antonio.
“Facing rapid and continuous change in operations, technology, trade, and talent, today’s shippers are seeking solutions for optimizing the supply chain and finding the right connections in their network to fulfill their needs,” said NARS President Dana Burleigh. “Our aim with the NARS 2019 Annual Meeting program is to deliver speakers like Carl Ice, George P. Bush, and others who can inform our members with insights they can immediately apply to their specific challenges.”
The agenda is still being finalized for the two-day meeting, but highlights include:
• a keynote presentation from Association of American Railroads (AAR) Chairman Carl Ice, who is also president and CEO of BNSF;
• a regional conversation with George P. Bush, Commissioner of Texas General Land;
• a panel discussion with rail shippers;
• a presentation on energy by rail;
• an analyst panel featuring Tony Hatch, ABH Consulting, Jason Seidl, Cowen & Co., and Kristine Kubacki, Mizuho; and
• Association Leadership panel featuring new ASLRRA and AAR leaders.
The program will also include presentations on managing your talent pool, intermodal issues, and regulatory and legislative updates.
NARS Annual Meeting
Wednesday–Friday, May 15–17, 2019
420 W Market Street, San Antonio, TX
Reservations online, or by phone (210) 224-6500
$525 by April 26; $595 after that date
• Online conference information and registration
• Email: email@example.com
• Phone: (331) 643-3369