The American Logistics Aid Network (ALAN) is seeking a forklift to be donated for use at the airport in Liberia to support off-loading materials being flown in to combat the Ebola outbreak. They have space available on a flight to ship leaving from Charlotte, NC.
Below are the current requested specifications, but ANY 2.5 ton diesel lift would be appreciated right now.
- Forks raise up to 75 inches
- Forklift has a hydraulic lift system
- Pitch, raise & lower, and open & close tines capability
- Safety lock switch for tines
- Can lift up to 10,000 lbs
- Battery switch to turn off and on engine
- Automatic gearing & defrosting system but can switch to manual gearing if necessary
- 3-axle systems which allows the forklift to pivot and maneuver with easy accessibility
- 4-wheel drive capable
“The airport is currently the entry point for over 90% of all aid and it was never set
If you can assist ALAN please contact Kathy at ALAN. Her humber is 863 668-4238 and email is Kathy@ALANaid.org.
The American Logistics Aid Network (ALAN) saves lives and reduces suffering for disaster survivors in the United States by engaging industry to supplement non-profit organizations’ logistics capabilities. We serve by coordinating logistics, providing education, and building cross-sector relationships before, during, and after disasters.ALAN is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization supported by generous corporate and private donors. Learn how you can make a tax deductible donation today.