John S. Phillips, senior vice president of customer supply chain and global go-to-market at PepsiCo, and more than a dozen speakers from the world’s top corporations have recently been added to the conference program at GS1 Connect 2014. The conference and exhibit, themed “Reinventing Business,” will be hosted by GS1 US at the San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina and the San Diego Convention Center from June 8-12, 2014.
Terry Jones, founder of Travelocity.com and chairman of Kayak.com; Alexis Maybank, founder of Gilt Groupe; and Hilary Mason, data scientist in residence at Accel, will also deliver keynote sessions throughout the week.
Other speakers recently added to the educational program include:
- Executives from Bumble Bee will join Tanimura & Antle for a panel discussion titled, “Fresh Approaches to Making Consumers Smile,” focusing on the implementation of GS1 Standards to improve efficiency to the delight of consumers.
- Speakers from Capgemini Consulting will join Macy’s to share findings from a recent omni-channel retailing study during the session, “Essential Elements for Omni-Channel Success.”
- Chipotle Mexican Grill will join the lineup of the popular “How to do Business with” sessions in which executives will discuss their whole-chain traceability program with their solution partner, FoodLogiQ.
- Speakers from Google will join representatives from eBay and other digital experts for the session, “If They Can't Find It, They Can't Buy It. How GS1 Standards Power Improved Search,” a discussion about creating a seamless shopping experience across online, mobile and storefront outlets.
- A speaker from Sony will join Best Buy, Sears Holdings, and Lowe’s for an “open mic” discussion on issues facing the hardlines industry. Topics include data quality, digital images, and product data management.
- Executives from the Global Food Traceability Center and the National Fisheries Institute will discuss traceability alignment in the grocery industry during the session titled, “All Aligned! Traceability Train on Grocery Track is Moving Fast.”
GS1 Connect 2014 provides an opportunity for attendees to explore how GS1 Standards can improve product traceability, operational efficiency, data quality, business growth, and collaboration between trading partners. With the conference offering five distinct tracks in Grocery, RetailFoodservice, Healthcare and GS1 Standards and Solutions, attendees will have the opportunity to learn best practices for leveraging GS1 Standards, and hear directly from industry leaders about how they are implementing the standards to address critical business process needs.
GS1 Connect 2014 is sponsored by The Coca-Cola Company, Riversands, The J.M. Smucker Company, 1WorldSync, Axway, EDICOM, EdictSystems and Frequentz. Visit www.gs1connect.org for more information and to register.
About GS1 US
GS1 US, a member of the global information standards organization GS1®, brings industry communities together to solve supply-chain problems through the adoption and implementation of GS1 Standards. Nearly 300,000 businesses in 25 industries rely on GS1 US for trading-partner collaboration and for maximizing the cost effectiveness, speed, visibility, security and sustainability of their business processes. They achieve these benefits through solutions based on GS1 global unique numbering and identification systems, barcodes, Electronic Product Code (EPC®)-based RFID, data synchronization, and electronic information exchange. GS1 US also manages the United Nations Standard Products and Services Code® (UNSPSC®).