For the 11th consecutive year, Toyota achieved the top ranking as the world’s largest lift truck supplier in Modern Materials Handling’s Annual Top 20 listing. Toyota reported $6.88 billion in worldwide sales revenue for the 2012 fiscal year. To qualify for Modern’s annual Top 20 lift truck suppliers ranking, companies must manufacture and sell lift trucks in at least one of the Industrial Truck Association’s seven truck classes, which includes a variety of electric and internal combustion lift trucks. Rankings are based on worldwide revenue from powered industrial trucks during each company’s most recent fiscal year.
“Toyota sales in North America are a big contributor to Toyota’s global success.” said Jeff Rufener, president of Toyota Material Handling, U.S.A., Inc. “We are proud to share this honor with Toyota dealers, customers and associates around the world.” Toyota continues to push forward design advancements and industrial
- Unveiling the company’s 8-Series large capacity lift truck line that offers a range of lifting capacities from 8,000 to 17,500 lbs. cushion and pneumatic tire models powered by two new Toyota-designed and built 4-cylinder, high-performance engines.
- The introduction of a 12,000 lb. lift truck paper roll special model to meet the challenges faced by the paper industry in moving paper rolls.
- Launching a newly enhanced website for U.S.-based dealer technician employment opportunities, as well as a brand new site for Canadian-based tech jobs provided in both English and French languages.
- Extending of the company's philanthropic efforts to help the country's veterans by donating to various veterans programs and offering the "Giving Veterans a Lift" program.
- Maintaining the company’s commitment to preserving and improving the environment through product innovations in electric and low emission IC forklifts, zero landfill manufacturing practices implemented at Toyota Industrial Equipment Mfg., Inc. and initiatives such as donating a tree to be planted through the Arbor Day Foundation for every new 8-Series lift truck sold in 2013.