For the 10th consecutive year, Toyota achieved the top ranking as the world’s largest lift truck supplier in Modern Materials Handling’s Annual Top 20 listing. Toyota reported $5.9 billion in worldwide sales revenue for the 2011 fiscal year. To qualify for Modern’s annual Top 20 lift truck suppliers ranking, companies must manufacture and sell lift trucks in at least one of the Industrial Truck Association’s seven truck classes, which includes a variety of electric and internal combustion lift trucks. Rankings are based on worldwide revenue from powered industrial trucks during each company’s most recent fiscal year. “As the leading lift truck brand, Toyota is dedicated to continuous improvement and raising the bar to deliver products that offer unmatched quality, reliability and durability,” said Jeff Rufener, president of Toyota Material Handling, U.S.A., Inc. “Today, one in every five lift trucks sold around the world is a Toyota. This
During the past decade, Toyota has celebrated several milestones including:
- Production of its 400,000th lift truck at its manufacturing facility in Columbus, Ind. – Toyota Industrial Equipment Mfg., Inc. (TIEM)
- Numerous design advancements and industrial equipment solutions that have improved material handling and enhanced the end-user experience
- Diversification and expansion of Toyota’s comprehensive product line: Toyota now offers customers more options, from its 8-Series 4-wheel electric lift truck in 4,000- to 6,500-pound capacities to its 8-Series internal combustion lift trucks in 3,000- to 51,000-pound capacities along with industrial equipment solutions including Automated Guided Vehicles and tow tractors
- Enhanced product options including the AC electric pallet truck line and walkie rider with a Galvanized Chassis to protect the vehicles while operating in wet environments and a new Toyota integrated scale, available on 4,000-5,000 lb. Toyota internal combustion, cushion tire lift truck models, that enables operators to quickly view, record or transfer legal-for-trade load weight information as the load is being transported through the facility
- Pushing forward environmentally friendly technologies and manufacturing processes: Toyota remains the first and only manufacturer to offer UL-listed, EPA and CARB-certified Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) powered lift trucks.
- Top honors for its manufacturing plant, TIEM, including being named a 2011 North American Best Plant by IndustryWeek magazine and the 2010 "Top Plant" in the United States by Plant Engineering magazine.