Crown Equipment, one of the world’s leading lift truck manufacturers, recently recognized 16 winners with Summit and Ascent Awards for outstanding achievements in sales and customer satisfaction. The annual recognition program honors Crown’s top company-owned branches and independent dealers nationwide. According to Jim Ellis, senior vice president, Crown, the winners displayed true teamwork and sincere dedication to providing customers with the right material handling equipment and technology to help control costs, improve safety and enhance energy efficiency. “Our strong branch and dealer network provide a vital link to our customers that allow us to work closely with them to help them get the most out of their fleet and address their efficiency and performance challenges in the warehouse and across the supply chain,” Ellis said. “The 2011 winners exhibit professionalism while providing value to our customers on a daily basis.” Among all winners, Crown Lift Trucks of Pittsburgh, Pa., and Action Lift of Pittston, Pa., earned the prestigious James F. Dicke Pioneer Award as the company’s top-performing branch and dealer, respectively. This is Crown Pittsburgh’s first Pioneer Award and first Summit Award; the branch also earned Ascent Awards in 2008 and 2009. “The improving economy forced the entire staff to work at levels exceeding 100 percent for most of the year, but the challenge was accepted with vigor,” said branch manager Dudley Hawley. “Our dedicated staff in Pittsburgh worked together to secure the highest award a branch can earn. This is a level of performance and success we plan to continue to build upon for many years to come.” This is Action Lift’s first Pioneer Award and 13th Summit Award. Action Lift also earned the Summit Award in 1998 and 2000-2010. “Throughout 2011, we continued to be aggressive in obtaining new business, as well as meeting the needs of our existing customers through a value-added approach,” said Joe Mikiewicz, sales manager, Action Lift. “It was a combined effort of sales, service, parts and rentals that made Action Lift successful in 2011. All departments worked together and supported each other throughout the year.” Company-owned branches and independent dealers recognized as part of the program included:
2011 Summit Award Winners
- NorthWest Handling Systems, Seattle, Wash.
- Naumann Hobbs, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Homestead Materials Handling Company, Roanoke, Va.
- Action Lift, Pittston, Pa.
- Crown Lift Trucks, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Crown Lift Trucks, Dayton, Ohio
- Crown Lift Trucks, Ontario, Calif.
- Crown Lift Trucks, Atlanta/Tifton, Ga.
- Crown Lift Trucks, Boston, Mass.
2011 Ascent Award Winners
The Ascent Award recognizes branches and dealers that performed well and are continuing to move toward the summit.
- A.J. Jersey, South Plainfield, N.J.
- NorthWest Handling Systems, Portland, Ore.
- CFE Equipment Corporation, Norfolk, Va.
- Crown Lift Trucks, Ft. Wayne, Ind.
- Crown Lift Trucks, Salt Lake City, Utah / Boise, Idaho
- Crown Lift Trucks, Oakland, N.J.
- Crown Lift Trucks, Denver, Colo.