Mitsubishi Caterpillar Forklift America Inc. (MCFA), a provider of forklift trucks in the United States, Mexico, Canada and Latin America, has introduced the new Jungheinrich® ECR 327 / 336 series of electric end rider pallet trucks. The end rider is the first product designed by the Jungheinrich Design Center Houston for North America as a result of the August 2009 manufacturing and distribution agreement between MCFA and Jungheinrich AG (Jungheinrich).
“We are proud to introduce the first Jungheinrich product designed in Houston,” said Kent Eudy, vice president of sales and marketing for Jungheinrich at MCFA. “The Jungheinrich brand is admired worldwide for its industry-leading warehouse material handling products and it’s exciting to see the 2009 agreement come to fruition with the ECR 327 / 336 electric end rider, designed specifically for the North American market.”
The ECR 327 / 336 electric end rider pallet trucks, available in 6,000 and 8,000 lb. capacities, are ideal for a variety of applications, including order picking, long distance transporting and loading/unloading trailers. Built for speed and productivity, the new end riders feature:
- Quick acceleration: Operators can rapidly obtain maximum speed with smooth and precise control due to the proprietary AC-controller and optimal programming.
- Speed: Proven to be one of the industry’s fastest electric end rider pallet trucks, the ECR series can reach a maximum speed of 9.3 mph, making it ideal for applications that require long distance transporting.
- Smooth directional changes: The highly-responsive regenerative braking system provides a seamless transition from one direction to another, while still maintaining load stability. This is a valuable feature for operators working in areas that require frequent directional changes.
- Strong gradeability performance on inclines: The high-level of performance and control on slopes is made possible by the proprietary Jungheinrich-built motor and high output controller, which were specifically designed to meet the application demands of this product.
- Operator comfort: The operator platform has a spacious surface area, giving operators the ability to comfortably adjust their position throughout the day. Operators will also benefit from the “foot alcove” that allows for a wider stance and helps to ensure the operators’ feet are correctly placed entirely on the platform.
Designed for durability, the ECR series features the thickest forks in the industry, along with a cast steel frame and sealed electrical components. The ECR can also be equipped with an optional corrosion protection package that provides a galvanized coating on key components, resulting in greater durability in wet and corrosive environments. Also equipped with standard features such as an electromagnetic brake, advanced regenerative braking and adjustable casters, the ECR series is designed to maximize uptime while lessening the need for routine maintenance.