When the industry’s newest expo for manufacturing, distribution and the supply chain, MODEX 2012, opens on Feb. 6 in Atlanta it will include over 500 exhibits and an Educational Conference that features keynotes by Rick Blasgen, Chief Executive Officer of the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals, Alberto Alemán Zubieta, Chief Executive Officer of the Panama Canal Authority and Donald Ratliff, Ph.D., Executive Director of The Supply Chain & Logistics Institute, Georgia Institute of Technology.
The MODEX 2012 Conference will also include 70 educational sessions outlining leading trends, best practices and state-of-the-art equipment and technology solutions that can make manufacturing and the entire supply chain work more productively and profitably. MODEX 2012 is also partnering with 17
February 6-9, 2012
Georgia World Congress Center – Atlanta, Ga.
MODEX 2012 is sponsored by Material Handling Industry of America (MHIA). MHIA is an international trade association that has represented the material handling & logistics industry since 1945. MHIA also sponsors ProMat.
Monday’s MODEX Keynote: The State of Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Rick Blasgen, Chief Executive Officer, Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP)
During this keynote, CSCMP’s Rick Blasgen will discuss the importance of supply chain management as a critical business success factor, the trends CSCMP is seeing around the world, and how global supply chains drive change. Rick Blasgen will also discuss talent within the supply chain field and what to do given the economic madness we are all confronted with.
Tuesday’s MODEX Keynote: The Expansion of the Panama Canal and its Impact on Supply Chains and Global Trade
Alberto Alemán Zubieta is the Chief Executive Officer, Panama Canal Authority
Scheduled for completion in 2014, the expansion of the Panama Canal is certain to change global freight movement and open up new opportunities, but precisely how is yet to be determined. By allowing much bigger container ships and other cargo vessels to easily reach the Eastern United States, it will alter patterns of trade and is already providing incentives to East and Gulf Coast ports to deepen harbors and expand cargo-handling facilities. The end result should be faster and cheaper shipping of some goods between the United States and Asia. During this Keynote, Panama Canal Authority CEO, Alberto Alemán Zubieta will detail how these infrastructure improvements will benefit importers and exporters and explain how you can prepare for the impact of this supply chain game changer on your operations.
Wednesday’s MODEX Keynote: How Supply Chain and Logistics Performance Impacts Trade
Dr. H. Donald Ratliff, Georgia Tech, Regents Professor and Executive Director, Georgia Tech Supply Chain & Logistics Institute
Dr. Ratliff will detail how your supply chain and logistics performance impacts trade is critical for companies that want to increase exports. This keynote will provide insight into what elements of supply chain and logistics performance need improvement and how to make these improvements to boost exports.
MODEX 2012 Show Floor Education and Collocated Events
In addition to the keynotes, MODEX 2012 will feature 70 focused educational seminars conveying a broad array of manufacturing, distribution and supply chain topics. These seminars will be held in specially designed theaters right on the show floor. In addition, the following groups will be collocating their educational events with MODEX 2012:
• The American Society of Transportation and Logistics (ASTL)
• The Association for Automatic Identification and Mobility (AIM)
• The Atlanta Roundtable of Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP)
• The Center for Excellence in Logistics and Distribution (CELDi)
• The College-Industry Council on Material Handling Education (CICMHE)
• The Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP)
• Ergonomic Assist Systems and Equipment Council (EASE)
• The Georgia Institute of Technology Supply Chain and Logistics Institute
• The Georgia Logistics Summit
• The Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE)
• Material Handling Equipment Distributors Association (MHEDA)
• Metro Atlanta Chamber Supply Chain Leadership Council
• National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
• The Panama Canal Authority
• The Reusable Packaging Association (RPA)
• Technical Career Education Program (TCEP)
• The U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC) International Trade Administration
Complete information and complimentary show and educational session registration can be found online at www.MODEXShow.com.