A total of 10 construction education scholarships have been awarded in the 2009 edition of the ConstructMyFuture.com workforce development initiative.
ConstructMyFuture.com is designed to encourage teens to pursue a construction industry career. In addition to scholarships, ConstructMyFuture.com provides students, teachers, counselors and parents with online information about the benefits of construction careers, as well as access to educational options and local industry resources.
The program is a joint effort of the Associated Equipment Distributors Foundation (AEDF), Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) and Associated General Contractors of America (AGC).
This year the program was able to increase the number of scholarships awarded from three to 10 with the generous support of AEM member Kobelco Cranes North America of Houston, Texas.
Here are the ConstructMyFuture.com 2009 winners, who have each received $1000 scholarships:
- David Derakhshanian from Kansas City, Missouri, attending
- Ethan Heckenlaible from Stanley County High School, Fort Pierre, South Dakota to attend Lake Area Technical Institute for diesel technology.
- Colleen Koeppen from Lake Mary Prep, Lake Mary, Florida to attend Florida Institute of Technology for mechanical engineering.
- John McCormick from Maynard, Massachusetts, attending Pennsylvania College of Technology for heavy equipment operation.
- Zane Osgood from Ten Broeck Academy, Franklinville, New York to attend Alfred State College for diesel technology.
- Zeke Perez from Denver School of Science and Technology, Denver, Colorado to attend University of Denver for construction management.
- Matthew Pontarelli from Rochester, New York, attending Pennsylvania College of Technology for heavy equipment operation.
- Matthew Rockhill from Oliver Walcott Technical High School, Torrington, Connecticut to attend Pennsylvania College of Technology for diesel technology.
- Steve Skoloda from Hamburg Area High School, Hamburg, Pennsylvania to attend Pennsylvania College of Technology for diesel technology.
- Christopher Cody Swain from Puxico High School, Puxico, Missouri to attend Linn State Technical College for service technician.
Visit the website - www.constructmyfuture.com - to read the winning essays and for more information on applying for the 2010 scholarships. AEM administers the program. For more information contact David Bannister by email at email@example.com or call 414 274-0657.