The Power Transmission Distributors Association (PTDA) has elected its 2009 Board of Directors and Manufacturer Council at the PTDA 2008 Industry Summit in Miami Beach, FL on October 31, 2008.
Drew Tucci, director, marketing & sales, Eastern Bearings, Inc. (Waltham, Mass.) has been elected to succeed John Masek, vice president, Bearing Service Inc. (Livonia, Mich.) as PTDA's president in the coming year. Tucci has been an active member in the association since 1994, serving as the Industry Relations Committee chair in 2002-2003 and on the PTDA board since 2004.
"I'm honored, delighted and excited to serve as PTDA's president in 2009," said Tucci. "PTDA holds a critical position as the premier association for the power transmission/motion control distribution channel. Guided by our strategic plan, we'll be focusing our efforts on providing our members with the relationship-building tools they'll need to be successful, profitable and competitive in this changing market environment."
Joining Tucci on the 2009 PTDA Board of Directors will be:
- First Vice President Keith Nowak, president, MPT Drives, Inc. (Madison Heights, Mich.)
- Second Vice President David Mayer, vice president marketing, Kaman Industrial Technologies Corporation (Windsor, Conn.)
- Treasurer Larry Brand, vice president operations, IBT, Inc. (Shawnee Mission, Kan.)
- Michel Bouchard, secretary treasurer, General Bearing Service Inc. (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)
- Christopher Bursack, director marketing, Industrial Supply Co., Inc. (Plymouth, Minn.)
- Craig O. Faber, president, Miller Bearings, Inc. (Orlando, Fla.)
- James S. Gibney, president, Warren M. Pike Assoc. Div J. G. Industries Inc. (Hopkinton, Mass.)
- Ron Herem, vice president, marketing and business development, Baldwin Supply Co. (Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Richard A. White, president and CEO, Flexco (Downers Grove, Ill.)
Bob Daniel, general sales manager, The Timken Company (Canton, Ohio) assumes the duties of the PTDA Manufacturer Council chair in 2009, succeeding Bob Ruland, president, Ruland Manufacturing Co., Inc. (Marlborough, Mass.). Daniel has served on the council since 2007 and currently serves as the vice chair.
Joining Ruland on the Manufacturer Council for 2009 will be:
- Vice Chair Randy Breaux, vice president marketing, Baldor Electric Company (Fort Smith, Ark.)
- Justin Aschenbrenner, vice president industrial business development, PT division, Gates Corporation (Denver, Colo.)
- Cliff Bannon, national sales manager, Climax Metal Products Company (Wickliffe, Ohio)
- Michael W. Dolpp, vice president sales Americas, Danaher Motion/Thomson (Amherst, N.Y.)
- Pamela Kan, president, Bishop-Wisecarver Corporation (Pittsburg, Calif.)
- Brian Kolman, vice president, Brewer Machine & Gear Co. (St. Louis, Mo.)
- Kevin Powers, president industrial group, U.S. Tsubaki Inc (UST) (Wheeling, Ill.)
- George Rizza, national sales manager, Nord Gear Corp. (Waunakee, Wisc.)
Founded in 1960, the Power Transmission Distributors Association (PTDA) is the leading association for the industrial power transmission/motion control (PT/MC) distribution channel. A U.S.-based trade association, PTDA represents 205 power transmission/motion control distribution firms that generate more than $10 billion in sales and span 3,500 locations in North America and 12 other countries. PTDA members also include 194 manufacturers that supply the PT/MC industry.
PTDA is dedicated to providing exceptional networking, targeted education, relevant information and leading-edge business tools to help distributors and manufacturers meet marketplace demands competitively and profitably. For more information, visit www.ptda.org