Exel, a provider in supply chain management and a Deutsche Post World Net company, recently promoted several associates throughout its business. New positions earned during the second quarter of 2008 include:
- Andrew Hadland, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Exel Transportation Services (ETS) Managed Transportation - Hadland will lead company-managed operations for the Managed Transportation business unit of ETS. He most recently served as senior vice president of operations at ETS. He resides in East Memphis, Tenn.
- Todd Thompson, Senior Vice President and General Manager, ETS Agency Network - Thompson will drive process improvement, sales support and development for the Agency Network business of ETS. He previously served as senior vice president of business development at ETS. Thompson resides in Plano, Texas.
- Cindy Riley, Vice President, Commercial Contract Management (CCM) - Riley has expanded her responsibilities to develop Exel's business delivery process and help integrate key acquisitions for the company. Riley has been with Exel for 19 years, holding various roles in the finance department. She resides in Pickerington, Ohio.
- Dennis Lutwen, Vice President, Commercial Finance - Lutwen has assumed responsibility for commercial finance for the Americas. He has been with Exel nearly five years leading the finance team for the Automotive and Chemical/Industrial business units. He resides in Powell, Ohio.
- Doris Leach, Vice President, Project Management - Leach, who's been with Exel for 30 years, will lead the development and delivery of new implementations for Exel and direct the advancement of project management tools and methodology. She resides in Mechanicsburg, Pa.
- Nancy Rapelje, Senior Director, LMS/Re-engineering - Rapelje will be responsible for the deployment of the re-engineering initiatives and implementation of the Labor Management System. She resides in Gahanna, Ohio.
- Jeff Abeson, Vice President, Customer Development, Home and Business Delivery and Retail Replenishment, Exel Direct - In his new role, Abeson will coordinate all initiatives related to new product offerings and customer development. He will be responsible for growth, profitability, customer relationship management and overall commercial strategy for the business unit. An Exel associate for three years, he previously held management roles in solution design and managed Exel Direct's Delivery Support Center. Abeson resides in Powell, Ohio.
- Joe Rampi, Senior Director, Central Network Operations, Exel Direct - In his new role, Rampi will oversee central operations for Exel Direct, which includes the Delivery Service Center (DSC) in Grandview, Ohio, the capacity development team, quality assurance and the network carrier organization. Exel Direct is Exel's big-ticket product fulfillment home delivery business. Prior to joining Exel, Rampi held the role of director, line haul, with DHL Express. He resides in Hilliard, Ohio.
An Exel associate also earned a promotion into a global role for DPWN:
- Rob Rosenberg, Executive Vice President, Human Resources, DPWN's Supply Chain, Corporate Information Solutions (CIS) division - In his new position, Rosenberg will develop the global structure for the Supply Chain/CIS human resources organization. Rob will oversee learning and development, compensation and benefits, and performance metrics teams with responsibility for leading their respective global agendas across the division. Regional human resources teams in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Americas and Asia Pacific now report to Rob. He resides in Powell, Ohio.