Grainger Tools for TomorrowSM scholarship program recently awarded nine scholarships to technical education students across the country. These awards mark the completion of the second year of the Grainger Tools for Tomorrow scholarship program.
The program provides funding for students at select community colleges throughout the nation to finish their second year of a technical career program. To date, Grainger has helped 16 students complete their technical education programs as part of this effort.
The 2007 scholarships were awarded to:
- Rola Majed is enrolled in the architecture program at Henry Ford Community College in Dearborn, Mich.
- Jason Meuth is enrolled in the construction technology program at North Lake College in Irving, Texas.
- Tom Frey is enrolled in the automotive technician program at St. Louis Community College in Forest Park, Mo.
- Corey Brinson, is enrolled in the civil engineering program at the College of Lake County in Grayslake, Ill.
- Gregory Smith is enrolled in the welding fabrication program at South Seattle Community College in Seattle, Wash.
- Bradley Lusk is enrolled in the electronics engineering technology program at Cincinnati State Technical College in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Cherylle Brown is enrolled in the construction management program at the Community College of Baltimore County in Catonsville, Md.
- Dariusz Niworowski is enrolled in the electrical power technologies and computer science program at Miami Dade College in Miami, Fla.
- Ariel Khaimov is enrolled in the electrical engineering program at Queensborough Community College in Flushing, N.Y.