DHL Supply Chain hosted its annual Transportation Solutions Carrier Summit in March to recognize select carrier customers for their superior performance in 2015. Twelve truckload, intermodal and less-than-truckload (LTL) carriers were honored with the 2015 Carrier Performance Award at the Fort Lauderdale, Florida event which featured company overviews, carrier strategy alignment, process breakout sessions, and DHL customer presentations designed to further engage and collaborate among DHL Supply Chain, its carrier partners and its customers.
More than 50 North American carriers participated in the summit. Those honored with a 2015 Carrier Performance Award included:
• Tender Acceptance: NFI Industries
• On Time Pick-Up: Challenger Motor Freight
• On Time Delivery: Heartland Express, Inc.
• EDI Compliance: Arka Express Inc.
• Carrier of the Year: Knight Transportation
• Tender Acceptance: Target Transportation
• On Time Pick-Up: Mode Transportation
• On Time Delivery: Wheels Group
• EDI Compliance: J.B. Hunt
• Carrier of the Year: Mode Transportation
• On Time Pick-Up: FedEx Freight
• On Time Delivery: Old Dominion Freight Lines
• EDI Compliance: Dayton Freight
• Carrier of the Year: Old Dominion Freight Lines
“We’re pleased to be able to honor our carrier customers with this Performance Award,” said Dave Kiesling and Jeremy Metz of DHL Supply Chain. “Our summit provides an opportunity to show our appreciation for the hard work they do. It also creates a collaborative environment where we can engage directly with our customers to understand their challenges so that we can continue to offer best-in-class solutions.”
Breakout sessions allowed attendees to talk with their peers about the growing trends in the industry and hear about DHL Supply Chain’s transportation management solutions. Key discussion topics this year included sustainability, the adoption of new technology and overcoming industry challenges.
DHL Supply Chain is a part of the supply chain division of Deutsche Post DHL and the sister company to DHL Express. DHL Supply Chain is a leading contract logistics provider, with more than 500 sites throughout the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. DHL’s next Transportation Carrier Summit will take place in March 2017.